Due to increased Covid-19 cases in the area, we are pushing back the opening of regular Parish Sunday Masses until August 2, 2020. Online and outside Mass will still be held.
AN OUTREACH TO THE PARISHIONERS OF ST. LOUIS THE KING AMIDST THE PANDEMIC AND SOCIAL CHANGE
As you all know, public celebrations of the Mass are not taking place in the Diocese of Marquette until further notice. Bishop Doerflor has also dispensed all the faithful of the Diocese from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass and holy days of obligation while public Masses are suspended.
There are, however, many ways in which you can grow in faith during this challenging time as the coronavirus spreads. Many parishes are facilitating a live stream or recording of daily and Sunday Mass. Some priests are offering spiritual reflections on social media.
Especially on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation, the faithful are encouraged to devote time to prayer, observe Mass on television or the internet, and pray the Rosary, along with other devotions.
Here is a list of resources you may want to consider:
Online Mass (see below for Diocese of Marquette live streams and recordings):
- Bishop Doerfler Live Stream | Sunday Mass | Weekday Mass at Cathedral
- Vatican News Live Stream of Pope Francis’ Masses (Daily in Italian with English subtitles)
- EWTN Daily Mass (Daily)
- Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (Sunday only)
- Diocese of Arlington ‘Prayer to Jesus for Healing and Guidance’
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary for COVID-19
- Archbishop Gomez Prayer for COVID-19
- Light a Candle Online (from the National Shrine of St. John Neumann)
The following publishers have generously made their resources available to support prayer during these difficult days. We thank them for their generosity and pastoral concern.
- Liturgical Press: Give Us This Day
- Magnificat: English. |Spanish
- eBreviary (includes Office of Readings)
U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops: